- Clerk's Office
DutiesActivities and duties of the Borough Clerk include:
- Authors and maintains minute books and all Borough records
- Administrator of the Freedom of Information Law
- Maintains records of adopted Borough Ordinances and Local Laws, budgets, petitions, etc.
- Issues Borough Licenses and Permits
- Coordinates Primary and General election activities within Borough
- Prepares agendas and information packets for regular Borough Council meetings
Deputy Administrator, Elizabeth BrandsnessIn the absence or disability of the Borough Administrator, the Deputy shall have all the powers of the Administrator and shall perform the functions and duties of the office.
Landlord RegistrationAs mandated by New Jersey Statute 46:8-28, landlords are required to register residential rental units with the Municipal Clerk in the municipality in which the rental unit is located. Each time there is a change of tenant, a new registration must be filed.
Petitions & Correspondence to the Attention of the Mayor & CouncilAs Secretary to the Mayor and Council, the Clerk receives and presents all petitions and correspondence to the Governing Body for their information and/or formal action. Examples of activities requiring Mayor and Council permission are:
- Carnivals, circuses
- Fund raising activities
- Hanging of street banners
- Neighborhood block parties
- Street fairs